Sunday, February 5, 2012

What blesses my heart




Hubby and Mr 14 were playing backyard cricket after dinner tonight whilst Miss 11 was flitting around the garden. End result? She copped a tennis ball to the mouth......

After the usual over reacting, crying and general carrying on and once an ice pack was in place it was time for a cuddle. Seems my lap isn't as comfy as his.
This totally blesses my heart.

Some background - Miss 11 was only 5 weeks old when I found myself raising 2 babes on my own. (I have no intentions of telling too much of that story, just know it bought me a LOT closer to God)
She spent the first few years of her life in a family of 3 - no Dad. I met my hubby at church (wanted to set him up with another single friend!) and we were mates for over a year before I even realised he was 'the one'. Miss 11 was very protective of her Mummy back then and wasn't too sure about this guy - it was cool when he was Mummy's friend, but not a boyfriend. Eeeew!
She found it difficult initially adjusting to not only having a Step-dad, but also having new siblings - going from a family of 3 to one of 7. Let's not mince words here, there were times when she was a right moo cow!

Fast forward 6 years to this.
She calls him Mod - My Other Dad.
They go on lunch dates together and she gives him foot massages for ages (I never get them!)

I love the relationship these two have and I think my hubby is the best Step-dad in the world.

Xx

4 comments:

  1. How amazing, What a victory story! My daughter would love a pen pal email me gracefosterwork@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are the most beautiful family xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blessed my heart too. Love you lots x x

    ReplyDelete