Friday, February 10, 2012

Go

Great name for a conference (our church had one last year)
Awesome at a green light.
Go forth....

Go

Over the years I've had people come and go in my life.
Fair weather friends have come and gone.  I've lost one or two really good friendships that ended badly.
Hey, I've even been through a divorce......
I just didn't ever think that I would be the one going.

Call me silly, as I know the entire world does not end at the outskirts of my lovely seaside hometown, but I honestly thought that there was no reason to leave.  I know, I know - broaden your horizons Linda!!
My Grandparents live in the same home they built about 64 years ago (married 66 years - so awesome)
My parents live in the same home they bought when I was 6 months old - yep 41 years.
I love my home and - well apart from Marc seriously needing a change of jobs - I could see no reason for us to not follow in the "stay-put" ways of my ancestors.  Only problem with this is that there are two halves of this marriage! Surprise!

I'm getting excited, truly I am. I may be a little less stressed when we actually find a house to live in out in the country - sheesh rentals are scarce out there.
(I could tell you a rather amusing story about the fact that I haven't rented for about 18 years and tried to explain this to a property manager who insisted on wanting rental references from us........... Maybe later!)
I'm up to my eyeballs in packing cardboard boxes and culling anything that has been unused or held onto for too many years - I don't think either of us realised how much stuff we have accumulated over the years.
I'm possibly due for something............?

So aside from a super heavy heart two nights ago (as I strolled along the beachfront after a hot day packing boxes) I think I'm nearly ready to Go.

Maybe my next post will be a bit more meaningful, but I did promise Em that I would blog this whole journey.

xx

6 comments:

  1. I've been in your shoes and know all to well how you're feeling.
    Five years ago when we decided to move from Sydney to Perth, it took us 12 months from making the decision to getting on the plane and going. It's was a HUGE move but God was so in it and he knew just what I needed to be able to get on the plane.
    You will be fine babe, just remember things always work out when Gods on your side, which he is!!!!
    The first 18 months here was the hardest but life is good now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You GO girl....and leave behind your red coffee machine.....Ha Ha.
    KWDG

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's going and there's going with God - how exciting to be part of his plan - it is a big thing though but lots to share with your bloggy pals xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are blogging it all miss!
    I really am trying not to think about you going, I know it's not too far away for visiting... but, sniff, I really am going to miss you.
    Blog, blog, blog! My lovely Baker's Wife friend ;) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww Linda, this is such a fantastic opportunity for you. We wish you guys all the very best in your life adventure. Grab it with both hands Honey and enjoy. These sorts of gifts dont come up very often and always remember that YOU are the master of your destiny and I know in my heart that YOU and your lovely family will no doubt make this a truly wonderful and successful experience.

    ReplyDelete