Sunday, February 19, 2012

Update

Just a quick update for you all (well those of you who aren't on Facebook or Instagram)
We are here!

We're having problems getting our phone connected, therefore no Internet - so this is from my phone....
We are renting a gorgeous place on 5 acres about 4k out of town on the river.



The verandah looks out over the property - to the 40 odd fruit bearing trees/grape vines, the 2 dams with ducks living on them, a paddock where we will pop some sheep for our freezer (sorry Deb!), the rolling hills, the wildlife, oh I could go on and on but I don't want to bore you......
Let's just say this place is gorgeous.

A new friend came over for a cuppa on Friday with her 5 boys. The kids all went exploring along the river and came back muddy, wet, dirty and HAPPY! Mr 14 said to me later "that was probably one of the best days of my life Mum!"

We did return home last night to this though



A fire along our driveway which was started by sparks from a passing freight train (um, yeah - we did pick a house right next to the rail line....)
But check out this



My son, my hubby and the new neighbour had it under control before the fire brigade got here. This is a pic of Mr 14 using the hose from the truck IN HIS WHITE CRICKET PANTS!!!!
Never mind, the grin on his face is worth it to me!

I'm still unpacking and getting things arranged, we have our mattress on the floor in the lounge as the carpet in our bedroom smells of cat pee (eeeew) but we are here.
Will keep you posted.

Xx

4 comments:

  1. Wow you know what you should be writing a book! People like reading about what they only dream of doing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let the adventures begin...... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. See?! ADVENTURE! I love it, I'm living through you beautiful friend... missing you (sniff!) but so excited to see/read this adventure unfolding! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. what fun, what fun and a little scary (fire) bicarb of soda sprinkled onto the carpet might help a bit with the smell x

    ReplyDelete