Monday, February 14, 2011

iPotential

Ok - so it's common knowledge among my nearest and dearest that I am a techno spaz, not very computer savvy, or as a close family friend says "she's IT retarded". (Note the absence of photos, graphics or decorations on my blog!)
But - I do have an iPhone and an iPad. Both amazing inventions intended to enhance your life, fantastic applications to download, great features etc.
If you use them........

Yep - my phone has very few apps, neither does my iPad. I make calls and txt with my very $$ phone and I use my Christmas present iPad to blog - and that's about it. Much to the disgust of one very close friend (Tans).

I was pondering this to my hubby in bed the other night - "Babe, do you think our lives are like iPhones? Soooo much potential, if only we would download it."
So many things we have the opportunity to do and be, so many places we could go, so many chances, so many risks to take,
if only we would do them
be that
go there
take them

I'm not talking "Eat, Pray, Love" here, ie leave your hubby, flit around the world and find yourself.
I'm talking about your God given potential, my potential. Am I making the most of every moment He's given me? Am I using all the talents and abilities He's gifted me with for Him, for His Kingdom and His purposes? Or am I like my own iPhone - so much potential yet only being used for the boring basics? All talk and no action (OUCH!)

Might just get off my iPad and go download some Jesus time.......

5 comments:

  1. You know what Miss Linda, I certainly don't live to my potential, never have..but I feel like now that I have God in my life there is just so much opportunity for the taking and I for one am excited at the prospect of where He will take me :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Tammi! You are just gorgeous babe - looking forward to travelling this journey of potential with you girl...

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post you gorgeous lady!
    And Tammi - aaahhh, I love being along side you on your exciting journey too. How cool!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. just found you whilst blog hopping and will be back to read more.........after reading some of your previous posts I am even more happy my baby girl is called Ruby.......never thought of her with proverbs 31 in mind x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Grace!

    Ruby is a gorgeous name for a girl (and so is Grace!)

    ReplyDelete