Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Birthday girl

Well Miss 10 became Miss 11 today. A young lady, but still very much a little girl. While many of her friends are swooning over Justin Beiber, she's still watching Barbie movies and High School Musical. I am more than happy though, there's no rush to grow up, there will be plenty of time to be a teenager and an adult. I want her to enjoy being a little girl for a bit longer.

Opening presents on our bed this morning - not sure if she was more impressed with the 2 sequels to Anne of Green Gables or the gold necklace - I kind of think Anne won!





Today was a day off from homeschooling so she got to watch her movie whilst I had this beautiful friend visit.

This friend from school blogged about rainbow cupcakes last week so I figured I'd have a crack for Miss 11's birthday cake.





I made a double batch of my vanilla cake mix, split it 7 ways and coloured it (yes - I know "good grief, look at all those artificial food colours!!!" What the heck - it's only a birthday once a year!), baked each layer separately (ok, so it was raining, kids were occupied and I didn't have much else to play with today!), hubby put it together and iced it - have I mentioned he was a baker pastry cook for 20 years....?









Then some of our family came for dinner and devoured it!!









Not to blow my own trumpet, but flip it looked AND tasted amazing!

Happy Birthday my Princess.

Xxx

6 comments:

  1. You go ahead and blow your own trumpet...that cake looks FANTABULOUS!!!
    Your Miss Princess is just gorgeous and we adore her :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omigosh, you SHOULD be proud! Linda, that's AWESOME! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday wishes your way....that cake looks fab ...did you use normal food colouring to get such bright colours?

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing cake, was my birthday the day after and i LOVE anne so much, been watching with my 12 year old x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had a wonderful birthday Grace!
    Bron - yep, just good old "Queen" food colouring, but purple is so hard to mix. Someone at our craft group said that the cake shop at Rockingham beachfront has powdered colouring and the purple is a nice "Cadbury" kind of purple!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved this day, and sharing a little of Miss 11's birthday - although I should have come the day after for the leftover cake!! ;)

    ReplyDelete