Friday, June 3, 2011

Bragging

When I was younger my Mum had a little flip photo album called a "Brag Book" so she could put her favourite pics of us kids in and keep in her handbag.  Mostly for when we travelled interstate to visit relatives.
Nowadays we have our cameras on our mobile phones and we have our "Brag Books" with us at all times. (Go on - admit it. You show people pics of your kids. Don't you?)

Well I'm going to brag a little.....

This is my 13 year old son helping his little sister with her maths today




This is a boy, who struggled through maths all during school, but this year is FINALLY grasping math concepts. This Mumma's heart is thrilled, and glad we made the decision to homeschool.

This is my 2 blessings at craft group on Wednesday.





(Apologies for the clarity of the pic)
I made a nice healthy carrot cake to take, seeing as we'd pretty much consumed more than our fair share of food colouring eating the Rainbow cake!!

I'm so proud of these two.
They fight, they argue - so do other normal kids.
They play together, giggle, annoy me by not doing what they are supposed to, drag me from one end of Rockingham to the other for their sporting ventures every Saturday morning.
They bless my heart when they cuddle up to me and tell me something they think I might not know (because when you are 13, Mum's and Dad's don't know nearly as much as you do...........!) or just snuggle up on the couch.
Sometimes I truly want to bang their heads together and send them back to school (no point pretending it's all rainbows and lollypops homeschooling) but I wouldn't swap them for the world.

I love these two and thank God for them everyday.

xx

4 comments:

  1. Awh! I love this post.Brag away....xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is moments like that which make all the blah moments seem all worthwhile....I have had my share of purse size brag books too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those two too. I love that your beautiful daughter is still a little girl, that she loves crafting and Anne of Green Gables. I love that you haven't been in a hurry for her to grow up - and I love that as I raise my own daughters you will be there to impart the wisdom you have learned!
    And I love that your little man (he will always be your little man I'm sure) has all the time in the world to play with my kids, he's not too cool for school and has a sense of humour! You are raising gorgeous children, and while it's not all rainbows and lollypops, I'm sure it's blessings and promises! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must brag about your kids on your blog. You must. This blog will be so precious to your off spring when they are older.

    xx

    ReplyDelete