Thursday, June 16, 2011

More bragging

Well I see that many people are doing blog 'series' on different subjects, so I'll jump on the bandwagon with my own....
I'd like to brag on a friend or two, or more.
At the risk of being accused of favouritism I thought I'd just let you know about them in order of how long I've known them - the oldest to the newest.
So here we go!

My oldest 'best' friend has been in my life since high school. We rode our bikes to school together, had sleep overs, crushes on boys, listened to music (INXS, Midnight Oil, Dire Straits - what can I say, it was the 80's). We graduated and went to graduation parties together - hmmm the less said about those the better! We chose our varied career paths, hers in office/business and mine into dental therapy. We fell in and out of love and helped each other pick up the pieces.
I'll never forget the early morning I phoned to tell her my boyfriend had died, she was at my place within minutes to be by my side. Sadly I had to do the same for her a few years later.
She was by my side at my first wedding, at the hospital as soon as I had my babies, and again right by my side when my first marriage dissolved.  Well, lets say we both helped each other pick up the pieces after dissolving marriages..............
She's part of my family and even calls my grandparents 'Grandma & Grandpa'. My kids only know her as "Aunty Bindi"
She wholeheartedly approves of my hubby and they get along very well.
We don't catch up as much as we should, but when we do it's like no time has passed at all.
She's my oldest friend and I still refer to her as "my best friend from school".   Love her!

The next one I've known since school, lost contact with, then resumed the friendship many years later at church.  She's probably the one I get the most 'intimate' with, she's my beautician! And boy is she good at it too....  An absolute perfectionist when it comes to exact eyebrows - mine are spot on.
I call her Molekins as a nickname, but her real name is Kat.  Miss 11 used to say "meow" when she was very very little if I said "Aunty Kat is coming over".
This chick is a great friend and I'm glad we found each other again.

The final one for tonight is my Tans.
Ever had one of those friendships that you totally treasure?
A rare gem that is priceless and incomparable?
That's what Tania is to me.
This woman knows me.  She is the one I can totally bare my soul to, the one who will listen while I whinge or dream and who will then speak timely words of wisdom into my life.  She is smart, gentle, fun, caring, wise and beautiful.
When I was on my own with my 2 kids for many years Tan and I went away on holidays together courtesy of her.  We toured wineries and chocolate factories, went to fireworks and concerts together and promised that when we found our TDHs (tall, dark and handsome) we'd do it with them..... I ended up with round, grey and spunky though!
She is AMAZING at technical stuff and rolls her eyes at my uselessness with anything to do with computers, but I've worked out the best system for this ~ I cook dinner for her and she shows me what to do!  Just this week she showed me how to put songs from my iTunes onto my iPhone - yay!  (I have previously mentioned that I am a complete techno retard.....)
Tans is an awesome woman of God and it is a privilege to have her as a friend.

That's all for tonight, I'll have 3 more next time.
The only thing is that none of these lovely friends blog or read blogs!!!!

xx

2 comments:

  1. WooHoo for friends....long time or new!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our friends are a true reflection of us my dear and you are a true gem!!

    Mwa

    xx

    ReplyDelete