Saturday, May 14, 2011

Apple Park

Today we left home bright and early and took a long drive down to Donnybrook in our States South West. A homeschool excursion had been organised and about 20 families from Rockingham and Bunbury trekked along.
We went to an organic orchard to learn how the apples are picked and sorted.


We then all got to go out into the orchard and pick a mixed bucket of Sundowners and Pink Ladies.







Have you ever plucked an apple straight off the tree and bitten into it? YUM!!
So crunchy and tasty!
Needless to say we bought home 5 kilos of organic apples today...




A picnic at the Donnybrook Apple Park for lunch - SERIOUSLY the best playground for all ages. The kids and I had a ball, and so did my Mum....



Yep, that's her up the top of a massive climbing frame with my son!
Her 'inner child' was released for a while today and she convinced me it would be a great idea to twist and climb through the tubes and tunnels all the way to the top of a tube slide - dopey me... I have friction burns on my bruised elbows where I tried to slow myself down! Ouch. But boy did we laugh!!!!

She then navigated us to Gnomesville - a quirky little spot amongst gorgeous dairy farms and rolling hills ("babe, buy me a farm PLEASE?"). People from all over the world bring garden gnomes here, with stories and poems. All types of gnomes as far as the eye can see, in the middle of the bush.






Good fun!

All in all a great day. A long drive and we're all tired, but great.

Have I mentioned how much I love homeschooling lately?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Hey I have heard from friends that it is the biggest kids playground around...and gnomesville is quite iconic. I also know there are some cool geocaches to found around there too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking yesterday "I wonder if Bron has been geocaching down here?"
    Especially at Gnomesville!

    X

    ReplyDelete