Sunday, March 27, 2011

Autumn??

Don't get me wrong, I love Summer. Love taking dinner down to the beach in the evenings, swimming lessons, long school holidays, shorts and tank tops etc....
But enough already!!
It's MARCH!
We should be in Autumn - leaves changing colour, cooler days, a little chill in the evening air maybe?
Nope - I think Summer is putting up a good fight to stay longer this year and Autumn is a bit too cruisy to resist...

So today I put the air-con on (yet again) when I got home from church, baked some comforting pumpkin scones for afternoon tea and plonked on the couch to read blogs from the Northern Hemisphere. Scrolling through pages and pics of homemade blankets and cozy fireplaces - aaaaah. Dreaming of rain - you know, that wet stuff that hasn't fallen from our Western Australian skies for AGES.

I then pulled out my Jamie Oliver and Stephanie Alexander cookbooks for some menu planning inspiration, before viewing the forecast for the week...... No soups or hearty slow cooked casseroles for a while yet.

I think this is the first year ever that I'm looking forward to winter.

10 comments:

  1. I totally agree - what's with this insane mugginess!! Bring on the cooler, crisper weather I say.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so weird to read, we are just poking our heads out from an insane winter here in Scotland.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so hanging out for some rain to dance under, puddles to splash in, weather that makes you want to snuggle up and indulge in comfort food :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. TtH - we have had the most bizarre weather Down Under, floods and cyclones on the East coast and practical drought here on the West coast...
    We have very mild winters anyway, but some decent rain would be good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am with you ...Hurry Up Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog and have been reading through your last few posts, love the honesty of your walk with Jesus and your good days and bad. I look forward to reading more :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's been piddling it down here today! And the wind, goodness me, almost blew my hair off my head! But I will miss the winter time, I like the dark evening and the cosiness. Of course spring an summer are lovely but it's always so disappointing when it's a "bad" summer. We have less high hopes for winer and somehow I just enjoy that season more, probably because I have lower expectations.

    Did you get your hook out and start a bobble blanket? It's soooooper easy!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spring is very slowly starting here in Southern England, it always feels strange to me you have Christmas in the sun.....do you have cards with snow or sun? Funny old world we all share x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is still HOT here today... H O T
    There is a forecast of "rain" by Friday, but we all doubt it very much!

    Cuckoo - nope, I've got craft group with the kids tomorrow so I might go out and get something to start today..

    Grace - I've known Christmas no other way! Hot! It got to 42degrees this last Christmas Day, the kids got a slip n slide from my sister so they spent the whole day sliding along the lawn in their bathers, got sunburnt and we went down the beach for dinner that night - a typical Christmas Day!!!
    I would like one day to see a "white Christmas" - would be pretty cool.....

    Xx

    ReplyDelete