Thursday, January 13, 2011

It's only the beginning

Whenever I start something new Deborah Conway's song finds it's way to my lips; "It's only the beginning, and I've already gone and lost my mind".
Well let's hope I've not lost mine just yet.
This blogging thing is new to me, but journaling down my thoughts isn't, creative writing isn't and talking about myself certainly isn't!!! So here goes....

The inspiration for this blog? Mrs duckegg blue and teacups too (who I'm sure will show me how to put a link in!)

The inspiration for my blog title? Two long time friends and a little joke we've often shared - whenever we've been particularly creative in the kitchen or garden, been super motherly with our children, or simply had a rather virtuous day the phrase "Well colour me red and call me Ruby" has chimed out. Why? Well the three of us have on occasion been known to read "Above Rubies" magazines and have aspired to be "a Ruby wife".

Proverbs 31:10 "Who can find a virtuous and capable wife? Her value/worth is far above rubies"
No I don't have 16 and counting children.
Yes I am homeschooling my kids this year.
No I don't spin yarn! But yes I do desire to be a Proverbs 31 wife and mother.
I want to be clothed with strength and dignity and laugh with no fear of the future. When I speak I want my words to be wise and for kindness to be the rule when I give instruction. I want to carefully watch over the ways of my household and not have to bear the consequences of laziness. v 25 - 27

This is why I'm blogging, this is my journey.
(Plus - my favourite colour is RED!)

2 comments:

  1. Welcome my fav little Ruby! You are already living the dream, and certainly clothed with strength and dignity, quite a lovely wardrobe you have with your words, love, generosity and nature, you make life lovely and oh so rosy:) can't wait to see more here! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaah, so proud of you I am! AND I second what Peachy says: you do make life more lovely!
    Can't wait to read more, beautiful friend! xxxx

    ReplyDelete