Monday, March 12, 2012

Hiccups and Humility

Well we've been here in this lovely country town for nearly 4 weeks now and boy have some things happened.....
The bakery is going well (a little quite on the really hot days as yet again Western Australia is having heat waves in our "Autumn").
I know only too well the sound of Marc snoring as he is working at least 12-14 hour days....

I've had a few hiccups myself.
To the point where I called Mum in tears last Wednesday.  She jumped on a train and came and stayed for 3 days for me.
Why?

I've worked in dentistry for over 2 decades as a therapist/hygienist, cleaning peoples teeth.  Short story is that over these 24 years I've had some problems with my neck, shoulder and right arm.  It went from a dull ache to searing pain overnight just before we moved up here and has been relentless since, including a horrible numbness in my hand.  The local Doctor sent me for ultrasounds, physiotherapy, then a CT scan to find the problem.  It's an hours drive to the radiology clinic so not just a pop into the next suburb.
I called the next day to find out my results and get some answers/direction only to find myself listening to a recorded message letting the town know that literally overnight the local Doctors clinic had closed down........ I'm not kidding!!!
Panic set in.
How the heck do I find out what is wrong?
Who is going to help me?
What on earth am I going to do??
How do I get out of this pain?
H E L P! ! !

MUM,
She calmed me down, she prayed, she told me what to do and by the end of the day I had seen a Doctor in a neighbouring country town who is sending me straight to a neurosurgeon as I have something wrong with the discs in my neck impinging on my nerves. Praying that I don't need surgery, but so very thankful that Mum was here.  It doesn't matter that I'm turning 42 this week, I needed my Mum.
But mostly I needed what Mum has taught me all my life.
I needed God.

Last week I was leaning totally on my own understanding.

Yesterday I was at church and God reached into the depths of my heart and reminded me to trust HIM.
With all my heart.

3 comments:

  1. Ah the truth in those wise words "Trust in God with all your heart and never rely on what you think you know" and yay for lovely mothers as well xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. Lovely. Lovely.

    And I hope you feel better soon.

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you!
    And I really miss you today! xo

    ReplyDelete