Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Relax, don't do it!

Yes I did just title my blog post after an old Frankie goes to Hollywood song......
However, I have good reason to. As I write (on my iPhone) I am soaking in the bath in the kids bathroom.



Ikea tea candles everywhere (and NO my legs are NOT hairy - it's just the dodgy candlelit photo!!).
I got home from work to an overcooked dinner as I had the oven up too high, half my craft projects on the lounge room floor and a list in my head of a million unfinished 'things' that I think I simply have to do.
I flicked through my blog reader while the kids were doing the dishes and came across no less than 4 blogs about homeschooling and a gorgeous post by Em (ok, so I can't link on my phone - meh). All of these posts reminding me that it is actually OK to run a bath, soak in it and just relax.....! Aaaaah.

No the kids bathroom is not sparkly shiny clean, yes I can actually smell the dirty clothes in the basket next to me (and I washed yesterday - go figure) and yes, that is a bottle of dog shampoo behind my pretty candles.....



So what?
I'm relaxed.
The 'to-do' list will still be there tomorrow. And that's when I'll deal with it!

Xx

3 comments:

  1. Love you and your 'hairy' legs :)
    You do know that you are going to have me humming that song for the rest of the night!
    Glad you took some time out to relax...it's so needed from time to time.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I literally heard that song like 10 minutes ago!
    One day at a time my gorgeous friend... just keep swimming, just keep swimming :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is too funny that you thought to take photos while relaxing in a bath with candles and the works going on around you.
    Happy relaxing.

    ReplyDelete